Sunday, 11 May 2014

"TULIPS AT LONGWOOD GARDEN" An Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum

I spent two Glorious days, May 5th and 6th, painting at Longwood Gardens with 20 incredible artists. It was so beautiful and breathtaking I didn't know where to begin.  I knew I wanted to paint tulips, but there were thousands of them in endless varieties and colors.  These tulips were in their Idea Garden. There were rows and rows of squares of tulips. Some with trees planted in them.  At a distance, it looked like a patchwork quilt.  I would go back in a heartbeat to paint again in another season! This painting will be available for sale in Gallery 2318 for the Plein Air Camp Hill Festival and Competition May 16 through May 18.
To see more of my work, please visit my website
www.clareklaumfineart.com

1 comment:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Your beautiful painting shouts,"SPRING AT LAST!' A sight to behold.